Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm pooped...

It's only Tuesday,and I'm already tired.We had a busy weekend starting out Friday night.My friend had a birthday party for her son on Friday night but I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures.First thing Saturday morning,I took the kids to another birthday party and we we stayed there for about 4 hours.It was a Stars Wars themed party and let me tell you the kids had so much fun!I did take a picture of the Yoda cake but I guess I forgot to get it uploaded.Here are the some of the boys playing outside.

Even the girls got in on the action.
Here's the birthday boy blowing out his candles.
After that,we went home and paid some bills,went shopping,grabbed something to eat then came home to take a quick nap before choir practice Saturday night.Sunday morning we went to church.I'm a Sunday school teacher and my husband plays the drums so we have to be there at 9:00 or is it 8:45?I'm sure my Pastor's wife will leave me a comment telling me what time we need to be there ;)

Anyways,I teach the 4&5 year olds and we've been learning about Creation,The Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve.Below is a picture of our room and I hung up stars and a moon and made them glow with a black light.They really thought this was cool.



Here are some of my kids in the Garden.
This is the part when God puts Adam into a deep sleep to take one of his ribs to make Eve. :)
Here's Eve taking the apple from the tree after the serpent tricked her.I hung up real apples so they could bite it.
They are such great kids and I love being their teacher.

After church on Sunday we went home to eat,went back to church at 4:30 for choir practice,church starts at 6:00 for our evening service and we were out around 8.
Monday after I dropped the kids off at school I went to run some errands,came home cleaned up
by that time it was time to pick them up again.Got home and made them a lasagna for dinner (their favorite)since we had to be at church at 6:30 for my son's bible quizzing practice.In between the time we get home from school it's just enough time to do homework,eat, clean up their rooms and study,get a call from hubby asking me if I made dinner. You see he's on a diet(but don't tell him I told you) so he can't eat lasagna,he needs his fish and veggies or chicken and whatever it is he's eating .So 30 minutes before me and the kids have to leave I'm back in the kitchen whipping him up something healthy.Didn't get a picture of that cause it didn't look appealing at all!

So now it's Tuesday and it's gonna be another busy day but I thank God for it all.Today I'll just stay home, do some laundry and work on a skirt for my daughter that I bought at the thrift store that fit her too short.I'm adding some material to the bottom and it look s like it's gonna turn out cute!I'll share the before and after photos some time this week.
Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Carol Kennon said...

You are an awesome teacher, and I love all the hands on teaching you are doing. I have some really neat pictures of your lesson I'll email you from Sunday. And I had a blast joining your class in making the little animals this Sunday.

What I want to know is, WHY wasn't I invited to dinner? I love lasagna too. You could have at least brought me a plate to our DOZ meeting last night!

Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day! I hope the rest of the week slows down for you! Can't wait to see the finished skirt! I bet it will look cute!

Pam said...

Hi, You had a busy weekend. I taught the 4&5's for 5 years and just quit this year. I miss them so much but thought it was time for me to be taught. You did a great job on the creation theme. I would have loved to see the whole room.