Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TATT -- Chicken Sausalito

This is a new recipe I tried last night and it was a hit with the whole family.

olive oil
3-4 chicken breast,chopped
1/2 c. onion chopped or a little less(your preference)
1 teaspoon garlic,minced
1 can(15 oz.) black beans,rinsed well and drained
1/2 c.mild or hot salsa-I used Pace
1/2 c.sour cream( you can used reduced fat if you like)
1/2 c. chicken broth(I added this ingredient at the last minute)
shredded mexican style cheese
cooked white rice

Heat pan on medium heat until hot ,add a little olive oil and saute chicken with onion and garlic until chicken is cooked.

Add beans,salsa and sour cream.At his point it was a little thick and I wanted more of a sauce so I add the chicken broth.You don't have to add the whole 1/2 cup just add enough to make it as saucey as you want it.

Stir.Cook until hot,about 1 to 2 minutes.Add salt and pepper to taste and right before serving I added the shredded cheese.
You really can't mess up this recipe just add more or less of what you like.

Soon over hot rice and serve with a side of salad greens,tomato and avacado slices.YUM!
I think the kids really liked it.
Cole is hosting this week's TATT for Andre so stop by her blog at All The Small Stuff to link up there.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Sorry I didn't post any of the pictures I took of my niece on Friday like I said I would but they didn't want me to post them on here.

5 comments:

Carol Kennon said...

Look delicious! If I had time I'd try that tonight. We'll probably grab something fast since Anthony has to have xrays and doctor's visists this afternoon from his fourwheeler wreck.

Annette Duvall said...

Yum. Looks delicious. You are putting this in the cookbook, no?

Love ya!

momma said...

wow - this looks and sounds like it would be a hit at our house too!

Cole said...

Wow, that looks great! I'll have to try that. :-)

Tori said...

looks and sounds delicious...gonna try it tonight!