Monday, August 17, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY (August 17,2009)...

Outside my window...Another beautiful day that the Lord has made!

I am thinking...of the great weekend we had.Friday night my sister kept my kids for me so Joe and I can go out on a date.It was so much fun!Saturday we had a block party at church,served free hot dogs and nachos and handed out free school supplies.Can you believe I didn't take not.one.single.picture. I can't believe it either! I think it was one of the best block parties we ever had.
I just looked at our ladies church blog and they have posted pictures of the block party here.

I am thankful for...my family.

From the kitchen...spaghetti dinner,need something quick and easy tonight.

I am wearing...a gray around the house dress.It's so comfortable and the perfect thing to wear for cleaning and doing laundry.

I am creating...A portfolio of some pictures I have taken these past few weeks.I'm loving it.

I am going...to church tonight for sign practice and it's Meet the Teacher night at the school tonight.I'm upset I won't be able to go,I always like to go meet the teachers before the first day but hubby will have to take the kids this time.

I am reading...Love&Respect By Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.A great book for married couples!

I am hoping...for some rain soon and I am hoping we get to go see my mom and my brother in early September!

I am hearing...it's actually quiet right now.yes,the kids are home but they are in separate rooms so it's nice and quiet.
Around the house...kids are cleaning up their rooms(Sara will have a friend sleepover tonight), laundry needs to be done and Caleb needs to mow the yard.

One of my favorite things...taking a walk in the park.I love the excersize!

A few plans for the rest of the week:Getting ready for the kids to start school this week.I can't believe their summer is already over.

If you'd like you own SWD,click here.
Have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I've heard great things about Love & Respect and I should pick it up. I'm also hoping for some rain...my flowers are a bit sad.