Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A quick update...

A friend emailed me this morning to ask if I was ok cause I haven't blogged in a while,can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post but I've been really busy.Yes,I am ok I've just been trying to get things organized around the house and get it ready for my family who will be coming in from out of town on the 17th for my niece's birthday party.She'll be having a Quinceanera,if you have never heard of it,it's a coming of age 15th birthday ceremony.They are about as big as a wedding would be.I had been in charge of invitations,photography and the day before I'll be making the cookies that will be served with the cake and punch.We are expecting 150-200 people!
My mom called Saturday to say she was on her way to my sisters house to drop some things off for the party so I got to spend the day with her and my sister.It was a nice surprise especially since I haven't seen her in a while.
If anyone reading this knows my mom,please don't tell her I put this picture up,she'll kill me! The picture below of my beautiful niece,she turned 14 on Saturday!
Right before I left to my sisters house she told me her sister in law was getting married in a small ceremony and didn't have anyone to take her pictures and asked if I can do them for her.Of Course I would!She didn't have to ask,I love taking pictures! So I made it to my sisters house right before my mom got there and she took all the grandkids out to lunch while we went to take the pictures.It worked out great cause we all got back at the same time.My feet got sunburned,I was tired,hungry and I got bit by ants while I was taking pictures(in front of the brides family) but I still had fun! Hopefully she'll like the pictures(she better LOVE them) I took through all my blood, sweat and tears. :) She really was a lot of fun to work with.This is her with her father and her son.
Oh,I almost forgot,I won the giveaway Carol was having a few weeks ago for the free 24x24 wall graphic.I decided to order a picture of my niece she can use for her party.I received it yesterday and I love it! Have a great rest of the week!

8 comments:

Carol Kennon said...

I'm so glad you got your picture! How sweet of you to do one of your niece for them to use. I want to see more of the wedding pictures!
I miss you terribly!

Monica said...

Sending more pics to your email.

Kimmie said...

Love the pic, Monica. You are very talented.

Kimmie

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Hey I had some glitches in my blog and I had to recreate a new one will you please come follow me there its noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com thank you!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love the photo!

inevtiablelies said...

so sweeet very well done check out my blog:)

David Miller said...

I like blogs like you have. It is a reality show, which u have to read! I am a journalist from Baltimore. Actually not the normal type, I'm for the people and their worries, not for the Government and their hiding the truth. Your blog is great. I hope that the party is awesome. Good day to u

David Miller said...

I like blogs like you have. It is a reality show, which u have to read! I am a journalist from Baltimore. Actually not the normal type, I'm for the people and their worries, not for the Government and their hiding the truth. Your blog is great. I hope that the party is awesome. Good day to u