Thursday, April 9, 2009

Road Trip!!


We'll be headed out early in the morning to go to Corpus Christi for Easter!It's been a couple of years since I've been there so I'm really excited.My dad's side of the family has planned a family reunion so that's why we're going,otherwise I'd be staying home.I love going on road trips and what makes it even more special is that most of my extended family is coming with us.We'll be making a stop in Austin to see my mom(that's where she lives) and eat breakfast there.

Then we'll continue on to Corpus Christi.Friday we'll just enjoy the day and maybe take the kids to the Texas state aquarium or just go down to the bay.Saturday will be the first day of the reunion and and then Sunday we'll be having a BBQ at a park and probably spend the whole day there.I'm really proud of my family for getting together and making the effort to go cause they are not the type to do anything together anymore.We used to be such a close knit family but throughout the years it's changed.Hopefully this will bring us close again!
So today I'm packing,charging the cameras,and cleaning up the house so all I'll have to do when we get back is unpack and rest.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Easter with their family.

3 comments:

Carol Kennon said...

Hope you have a great trip and lots of time with your family, but I will miss spending Easter with you at church! Love you guys...be safe.

Rose of Sharon said...

How nice you get to be with your family! I hope that you have a beautiful Easter!

He is risen!!!

Hugs, Sharon

Carol Kennon said...

Miss you! Ready for you to be home. And, I tagged you for a game on my blog.:)